With reports of individuals falsely representing themselves as utility workers, New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG) wants to remind customers to always ask to see identification any time a company representative arrives at their home or business. All NJNG employees carry photo identification, as do contractors working on behalf of the company. Additionally, NJNG employees drive commercial vehicles clearly marked with our company name and logo.
If approached by someone claiming to represent NJNG, ask to see their identification. If a situation seems suspicious, call NJNG’s Customer Services department at 800-221-0051 and ask to speak with a supervisor to verify the representative’s authenticity, or call the local police. Customers should never open the door to anyone who cannot produce proper identification or whose badge does not seem genuine.
About New Jersey Resources
New Jersey Resources (NYSE: NJR) is a Fortune 1000 company that provides safe and reliable natural gas and clean energy services, including transportation, distribution and asset management. With annual revenues in excess of $3 billion, NJR is comprised of five primary businesses:
- New Jersey Natural Gas is NJR’s principal subsidiary that operates and maintains over 7,000 miles of natural gas transportation and distribution infrastructure to serve over half a million customers in New Jersey’s Monmouth, Ocean and parts of Morris, Middlesex, Sussex and Burlington counties.
- NJR Energy Services manages a diversified portfolio of natural gas transportation and storage assets and provides physical natural gas services to its customers across North America.
- NJR Clean Energy Ventures invests in, owns and operates solar and onshore wind projects with a total capacity of nearly 200 megawatts, providing residential and commercial customers with low-carbon solutions.
- NJR Midstream serves customers from local distributors and producers to electric generators and wholesale marketers through its equity ownership in a natural gas storage facility and its stake in Dominion Midstream Partners, L.P.
- NJR Home Services provides heating, central air conditioning, standby generators, solar and other indoor and outdoor comfort products to residential homes and businesses throughout New Jersey.
NJR and its nearly 1,000 employees are committed to helping customers save energy and money by promoting conservation and encouraging efficiency through Conserve to Preserve® and initiatives such as The SAVEGREEN Project® and The Sunlight Advantage®.