Please be advised that in the abundance of caution of the Covid-19 virus, we are reminding our residents on ways to conduct business with the Township without physically coming into the Aberdeen Municipal Building. Below you will find information regarding the Tax Department, Utilities Department, Clerks Office, Building Department and the Health Department.
We encourage all residents to utilize our online payment portal to obtain access to tax and utility information as well as to submit payments and to avoid coming into the municipal building. The online payment portal can be accessed via the township website. Please visit www.aberdeennj.organd from the homepage, please select “Online Payments” from the “Popular Links” menu. The online payment portal provides free access to:
- Account ID including Block, Lot and Qualifier numbers
- Detailed billing and balance due information as of that day including quarterly breakdowns with the ability to project interest out to a later date.
- Date of last payment received
- Current tax assessment
- Tax rates
- Print a copy of the current tax bill
Utility Charges (Water and/or Sewer):
- Utility Account ID number
- Detailed billing and balance due information as of that day including quarterly breakdowns per service type. The system does not currently offer the ability to project interest out to a later date. If interest is needed for payment or a resident has a billing inquiry that cannot be resolved via the online portal information, we encourage them to submit these requests via email to Jennifer.Falchek@aberdeennj.orgor by calling 732-583-4200 ext. 288. We encourage all residents who get our voicemail to please leave a message with the following information:
- Date of last payment received
- For water service: last meter reading, date of reading and usage (consumption amount) for that period/reading date.
- Please utilize the Township’s service request portal for other types of utility service related issues such as water leaks, requests for leak test or pressure tests, Final water readings, no water, disconnect/connect water/sewer lines, requests to dig, sewer odor, sewer spill, etc. You may access the service request portal from the homepage of the township website as well. Please visit www.aberdeennj.organd click on “Service Request” under the Popular Links menu.
Please note: Payments can be made to tax or utility balances by using credit card via the online portal for an additional fee. The fee charged is by a third party service provider who processes the electronic payment. The fee varies depending on the payment type as follow:
- There is currently a fee of $1.05 for an ACH/E-check payment and will increase on 4/2/2020 to $1.99.
- The fee charged for a payment made with any debit or credit card is 2.95% of the total amount per payment submitted. For example, a payment made for $1,000.00 with a debit/credit card would be $29.50. A payment made for $200.00 would be $5.90.
- Please note, for utility payments ONLY residents may call to make payments over the phone with a debit/credit card with no service fee. Please call Jennifer at 732-583-4200 ext. 288. Please do not leave debit/card information on voicemails, you will be called back in the order your message is received.
For any resident with no computer access, we encourage you to submit payment through the mail, or by utilizing the drop box located on the side of the municipal building. Residents with any inquiries may call 732-583-4200 ext. 127 for taxes and 732-583-4200 ext. 288 for utilities.
Any individual in need of a raffle/bingo application can visit the website listed below, please note 4 original notarized forms, along with a copy of the Legalized Games of Chance Registration must be submitted along with the appropriate fees. https://www.njconsumeraffairs.gov/lgccc/Pages/applications.aspx
You may submit applications by utilizing the drop box located on the side of the municipal building or mail the packets to the Municipal Clerk. You may email any OPRAH requests to Karen.Ventura@aberdeennj.org. For any question or concerns regarding the Municipal Clerk’s Office you may contact Karen Ventura via the email listed above or via phone 732-583-4200 ext. 119.
Residents in need of permit applications may download forms at the following website, https://www.nj.gov/dca/divisions/codes/resources/constructionpermitforms.html
These forms may be printed, filled out and submitted by mailing to the Building Department or by utilizing the drop box located on the side of the municipal building. For Certificate of Occupancy applications, we encourage residents to visit www.aberdeennj.org, select “Departments” from the toolbar located at the top of the homepage, click on “Construction” and choose which Certificate of Occupancy application needed. This application may be printed and mailed to the Building Department, faxed or dropped in the drop box located on the side of the municipal building. Residents may pay for these applications using a credit card by contacting Paula Ramsay at 732-583-4200 ext. 120. Please ensure all applications are signed, sealed and have all the necessary documents. New construction must have zoning approval, two sets of plans, energy code calculations, Freehold Soil and all technical applications. Any gas replacements should submit chimney verification form with the permit. Zoning applications must be submitted with a to-scale survey with the structure drawn to scale and setbacks taken. You may call Paula Ramsay for the zone and direction on which application to submit.
Residents renewing dog or cat licenses may download the form by visiting the Aberdeen Township website. Please visit www.aberdeennj.org, select “Departments” from the toolbar located at the top of the homepage, click on “Health”, click on “Dog & Cat License” located on the drop down and click on “Pet Form” located on the right on the page. All applications along with payments may be submitted by mail to the Aberdeen Health Department or by utilizing the drop box located on the side of the municipal building.
Food license applications are not available online, but may be mailed or emailed. To obtain an application please contact Patti Geyer at 732-583-4200 ext. 129 or by emailing Patricia.Geyer@aberdeennj.org. All applications along with payment may be submitted by mailing to the Aberdeen Health Department or by utilizing the drop box located on the side of the municipal building. In December, all renewal applications were mailed to the establishments.
Municipal Building Address: 1 Aberdeen Square Aberdeen, NJ 07747
Municipal Building Number: 732-583-4200
Building Department Fax #: 732-290-1646
General Municipal Building Fax #: 732-290-3171