Township Latest News
3/16/2020 - Aberdeen Township Adopts Proclamation of Local Disaster Emergency
In order to protect our citizens and property, the Aberdeen Township Mayor & Council, Office of Emergency Management and Township Manager have adopted and will enforce all of the provisions listed in Governor Murphy’s Executive Order No. 104, issued today, which includes the following:
- All gatherings of person in the State of New Jersey shall be limited to 50 persons or fewer, with limited exceptions;
- All public, private and parochial preschool programs, elementary and secondary schools, including charter and renaissance schools, will be closed beginning on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, and remain closed as long as the Order remains in effect;
- Institutions of higher education will cease all in-person instruction beginning on Wednesday, March 18, 2020, and shall cease such in-person instruction as long as the Order remains in effect;
- The commissioner of Education shall continue working with each public, private and parochial school to ensure students are able to continue their education through appropriate home instruction
- The Secretary of Agriculture and the Commissioner of Education shall take all necessary actions to ensure all students are eligible from free or reduced meals will continue to receive the services necessary to meet nutritional needs during closures;
- All casinos, concert venues, nightclubs, racetracks, gyms, fitness centers and classes, movie theaters and performing arts centers will be closed to the public beginning on Monday, March 16, 2020 at 8:00 p.m. and remain closed as long as this Order remains in effect;
- All other non-essential retail, recreational and entertainment businesses must cease daily operations from 8:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m.; and
- All restaurant establishments, with or without a liquor license or limited brewery license, are limited to offering delivery and/or take out services only.
- Essential businesses, which are necessary for the public’s health, safety and welfare – like supermarkets and grocery stores, pharmacies, medical offices and gas stations – may remain open past 8:00 p.m.
- Effective 8:00 p.m. on March 16, 2020, all non-essential and non-emergency travel in New Jersey is strongly discouraged between the hours of 8:00 p.m. and 5:00 a.m.
We thank you and appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this difficult time. Our hope is that if we follow these guidelines we will get through this emergency.
Please visit the Aberdeen Township website at www.aberdeennj.org for future updates. Please see below for the Township of Aberdeen’s Proclamation of Local Disaster Emergency.
Proclamation of Local Disaster Emergency