For most people a visit to court is an intimidating experience. The purpose of this website is to explain the function of the court and what to expect if you need to make a personal appearance before the Judge.
Municipal court processes complaints filed against individuals who have been charged with traffic, local ordinance or disorderly persons violations. Charges of a more serious nature, (i.e. indictable charges) are initially filed with the municipal court and are then forwarded to the Office of the County Prosecutor. There it is determined whether the case will be disposed of at the county level, or if it will be downgraded and returned to the municipal court for disposition.
- Pay court fees online at NJMCDirect
- Filing a Complaint Instructions (PDF)
- Filing a Complaint in Municipal Court (Citizen Complaint Form 1 of 2) (PDF)
- Filing a Complaint in Municipal Court (Citizen Complaint Form 2 of 2 Certification of Probable Cause) (PDF)
- Financial Questionnaire (PDF) - Application for Public Defender
Virtual Court Sessions
Due to COVID-19 concerns, Aberdeen Municipal Court is still virtual.
Aberdeen Township will be conducting Virtual Court Sessions. Please email the Municipal Court or call 732-583-4200, ext. 105 or 732-583-4200, ext. 141 to provide an email address and phone number so we can accommodate you.